CESA Purchasing houses the Wisconsin contract for the national educational purchasing cooperative AEPA. To learn about becoming a national AEPA vendor partner and to learn about the IFB bid process, please visit the AEPA national purchasing cooperative website.
Previously, in addition to the AEPA bid contracts, CESA Purchasing welcomed additional vendors to submit inquiries regarding becoming a part of the purchasing cooperative.
Since 2013, CESA Purchasing with the support from CSN (CESA Statewide Network) administrators annually reviewed vendor applications.
Due to increased demand, as well as our goal to best serve WI school districts, this process is currently under review. We anticipate that an updated process - possibly a formally bid process - will be in place by the end of summer 2017. Please check back on this page for additional information at that time.
To learn more about how we have historically reviewed and accepted new non-AEPA vendors, please review the guidelines below for our previous review process:
WI Vendor Review Process:
The non-AEPA vendor review is not a formal bid process and therefore unlike the AEPA contracts, are not compliant for required bid contracts. They can, however, be used in informal procurement as one of your three price quotes for "three bids and a buy."
Non-AEPA Vendor Review Criteria:
- Vendors may submit application materials on-line via the CESA Purchasing website year round.
- Vendor applications will only be reviewed annually during February of each year.
- Applications will be reviewed by the CESA Purchasing Advisory Committee with representatives from CSN and CESA Purchasing staff.
- Review criteria were established by the CESA Purchasing Advisory Committee and will be reviewed annually and amended as needed (see below).
- Committee decisions will be decided upon by March/April .
- One- year contracts will then begin April/May and may be renewed, amended or canceled at the end of one year.
- Once a contract begins, CESA will support the contract through various programs.
- As a FREE program to the 424+ WI School districts and other educational entities, CESA Purchasing relies on the 2% administrative fee on Wisconsin sales to support our program. Vendor partners, both AEPA and WI Only, are requested to provide quarterly sales reports with a check for the 2% administrative fee. WI only agreements sometimes carve out specific perameters regarding definition of "WI Sales." If you have questions regarding this part of the contract agreement, please contact us.
- After covering our overhead, the administrative fee is reinvested back into our host CESA and to the statewide CESA network supporting all 12 regional CESAs - the CSN.
The following criteria provide a baseline from which the advisory committee can review and recommend new non-AEPA vendors on an annual basis. The criteria provide a solid foundation for discussion and review in an effort to be as fair and transparent in the review process.
- Is the vendor a Wisconsin company, an Illinois/Minnesota/Michigan/Iowa, Midwest or National company?
- Does the company have a good reputation? Within Wisconsin? Nationally?
- Has the company served the educational market before?
- Has the company and/or product been recommended by a WI School District and/or WI Educational entity? If yes, which one(s) and how many?
- Does the company provide good references (at least 3)?
- All vendors must provide some discount for the product and/or shipping for the entire state of Wisconsin in order to become a CESA Purchasing vendor.